General Manager Teqball China
Teqball is an international group with operations in Budapest, Luxembourg, Dublin, Los Angeles and Shanghai. We are involved in designing, manufacturing, and selling our own branded sports equipment and sports technology whilst also driving our sport to the forefront of sports recognition. We are already recognized as one of the fastest-growing global sports. This is an exciting time to join Teqball as we continue to disrupt the global sports industry and build our global brand.
The General Manager Teqball China shall actively contribute to the FITEQ leadership team and shall develop and manage the operations of Teqball China with the primary aim to create and manage the framework and the organisational capacity of the sport development in China.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter ‘franchisee’ with a flair for entrepreneurship. Business development with a focus on sport is an advantage. As a Senior Executive, the candidate shall be responsible for overseeing and managing the development of athletes, clubs, and regional centres as well as the organisation of national and international events. To do this, the successful candidate should build and manage a strong commercial network of partners and suppliers.
The role will be located in China (preference in Beijing), however, international travel is expected. Due to the nature of the sporting sector, working outside of traditional hours will also be required from time to time.
- Lead the policy development, management, and support in respect to the establishment of the National Federation and Membership Services;
- Lead the management and relationship with Regional Federations / Hubs and Event Organisers (if required) relating to the operational mechanics of FITEQ;
- Lead and manage administrative, operational, and logistical support of the National Federation;
- Oversee the development and management of programmes relating to national activities and to support competition coordination and delivery (if required);
- Drive and manage commercial partnerships and opportunity to support the National infrastructure;
- Develop strong partnerships and communications with other stakeholders internationally and nationally, especially with key FITEQ partners.
- Regularly review the management, operations, and administration of the National Federation
- Communication with FITEQ and its relevant departments with particular attention on the relationship with Club Development and Sport Development;
- Lead and manage the communication, marketing and PR plans and activities within China;
- Regular reporting to the Sport Director and the Senior Leadership of FITEQ;
- Complete other such duties and activities as directed by the line manager and/or the Sport Director.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in capacity building, business development, sports governance on a national scope;
- Values-driven with the ability to inspire colleagues and be a true ambassador for Teqball;
- Broad knowledge of international sport, sporting federations, project management and operations;
- Racquet and/or tournament-based sport experience is an asset;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while maintaining a long‐term view;
- Proven track record of providing managerial leadership to a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to work and navigate within a small, growing structure
- Proven track record in leading complex change management projects; including budget and risk management;
- Demonstrable success in project management and supervision in a similar position;
- A passion for the discipline and complete commitment to contribute to its growth in the world of sport;
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects and deliverables;
- Ability to exert influence and work in a complex environment
- High ethical standards with the ability to prioritise the requirements of colleagues
- People management experience, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- Fluency in Chinese and English, additional language(s) being advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Modern, innovative, international working environment
- Participation in exciting new projects
- Great opportunity for learning and self-improvement